The Liber Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you make of "Rose Madder" by Stephen King? *WARNING - SPOILERS*

2 posters

Go down

What do you make of "Rose Madder" by Stephen King? *WARNING - SPOILERS* Empty What do you make of "Rose Madder" by Stephen King? *WARNING - SPOILERS*

Post by Strasberries96 April 12th 2008, 9:08 pm

Not sure about this book, I certainly didn't enjoy two things:

- The fact that there's no logical explanation behind the whole parallel universe inside the portrait of this Rose Madder woman

- And the ending

At first it's exciting how strange things start popping up in the common world, but at some point you just have to take it all in without any sort reasonable clarification... I guess it's called suspension of disbelief but I don't find it very satisfying in this case... Suspect

Regarding the ending, well... guess we can call it bittersweet or what? It's like the end of the ride, everything goes back to "normal" and that's a bit dull after the wild ride through this other surreal universe... duno silent
Strasberries96
Strasberries96
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

What do you make of "Rose Madder" by Stephen King? *WARNING - SPOILERS* Empty Re: What do you make of "Rose Madder" by Stephen King? *WARNING - SPOILERS*

Post by Godiva83 April 15th 2008, 9:24 pm

I don't quite understand S.King... I'm more comfy reading novels in which phenomenons are actually explained somehow, no matter how fantastical they are in the first place. But hey ho. That's me having issues with blind suspension of disbelief Suspect
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://theliberboards.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down