The Liber Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!)

3 posters

Go down

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Empty Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!)

Post by Godiva83 April 20th 2008, 11:29 pm

Ever thought of a rather smart truth in a nutshell? Go ahead and share!

In the meantime, here's some inspiration by Groucho:

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. (!!!)
Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Icon_twisted

Frida Kahlo:
I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim.

There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst.

And Woody Allen:
Bisexuality immediately doubles your chances for a date on Saturday night.

Dying is one of the few things that can be done as easily lying down.

I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government.

Last edited by Godiva83 on April 21st 2008, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-03-24

http://theliberboards.heavenforum.com

Back to top Go down

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Empty Re: Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!)

Post by Don April 21st 2008, 1:33 pm

Umm... MY OWN quotes? Or other people's quotes which I happen to like?

Here's one of mine:

"The only thing super about a supermodel is the size of her ego."

But don't take that one too seriously.

As for other people's... oh, there are so many!

“The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.” ~Tom Bodett

"Beauty without grace is the hook without the bait." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-Tzu

"Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not." ~Epicurus

La Rochefoucauld, Confucius, Gracian (et al) have some great ones too. There are simply too many to list, as I have numerous books on aphorisms and maxims.

Oh, and concerning the Woody Allen quote which implied that bisexuality doubles your chances of of a date on Saturday night... well, its true. BUT it also doubles your chances of rejection.

Don
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Empty Re: Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!)

Post by Godiva83 April 21st 2008, 2:00 pm

Yes, YOUR OWN quotes...

It's a tough one though... I can't really come up with something clever like "Religious is as useful as the Pope's testicles"...

But I'm thinking hard! I'll think of something cunning... Neutral

Oh, and concerning the Woody Allen quote which implied that bisexuality
doubles your chances of of a date on Saturday night... well, its true.
BUT it also doubles your chances of rejection.
Haha, lets try and stay positive! I'd also like to add that it'd only double this chances *ASSUMING* the rest of the world is bisexual as well... Suspect
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 April 21st 2008, 2:10 pm

Ooh! I know!

I just figured this one out in the past few weeks:

"The ultime test for a control freak is not to control external affairs, but to control his/her own self"
-By Me Me Me
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don April 21st 2008, 4:29 pm

Godiva83 wrote: I'd also like to add that it'd only double this chances *ASSUMING* the rest of the world is bisexual as well... Suspect

Umm... faulty logic there me thinks, Carrot. One need not be bisexual oneself in order to date a bisexual, and therefore (ignoring the prejudice/homophobia issue for sake of argument), were Woody himself to identify as bisexual, then he WOULD be open to twice as many potential partners than were he purely heterosexual. So his words ARE sound. HOWEVER, just because, technically, he's doubled his CHANCES of a date, doesn't necessarily mean that he will be any more successful.

ANYWAY... getting waaay off-topic here... anyone read any good books on bisexuality and probability lately? Rolling Eyes

Let me have a think about my own quotes... I'm sure I've got one or two...

Don
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by isidore April 21st 2008, 11:21 pm

"I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week, sometimes, to make it up."
~Mark Twain

"I like baby-milk!"
~the butane addict that lives next door
isidore
isidore
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 April 22nd 2008, 12:34 am

Umm... faulty logic there me thinks, Carrot. One need not be bisexual
oneself in order to date a bisexual, and therefore (ignoring the
prejudice/homophobia issue for sake of argument), were Woody himself to
identify as bisexual, then he WOULD be open to twice as many potential
partners than were he purely heterosexual.
Right, fine, got me, give it to me pal:

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Pic55

LOL! Razz J/K
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don April 22nd 2008, 8:05 am

Godiva83 wrote:
Right, fine, got me, give it to me pal:

Your personal gems of sagactiy and wisdom (In other words, post a quote of yours!) Pic55

LOL! Razz J/K

Er... oh-kay. Gee, thanks...

Don
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Godiva83 April 22nd 2008, 1:09 pm

Er... oh-kay. Gee, thanks...

LOL NO! I meant you go duhhhh on me for being such a twit! Wink
Godiva83
Godiva83
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Don April 22nd 2008, 2:41 pm

Godiva83 wrote:

LOL NO! I meant you go duhhhh on me for being such a twit! Wink

Haha... yeah, I figured that much. But it was being likened to Stewie (the somewhat precocious and sexually ambiguous cartoon character from Family Guy) that was the last straw.

That said, now that you mention it... Rolling Eyes

Don
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Don April 30th 2008, 10:05 am

Godiva83 wrote:Yes, YOUR OWN quotes...

Ah, here we go...

"Karl Marx? Wasn't he one of the Marx Brothers?" clown

and

"The most valuable things in this world are apt to be those invisible to the human eye." cyclops

Don
Liberman Basic
Liberman Basic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down